Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: NullReferenceException as soon as I add iGUI Root to scene

Maev
NullReferenceException as soon as I add iGUI Root to scene
on: August 11, 2015, 22:36

Hello I have just got iGUI Basic from the Unity Asset Store. I have read the readme and was going through the video tutorials, but on the very first one as soon as I click to add the IGUI root the console spits on a continuing NullReferenceException which prevents me from using the tools at all.

I started a brand new 2D project in Unity 5 and used a blank scene. I have searched on here for nullreferenceexceptions on the forums and none apply to this it appears.

The error message is...

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
System.String.FormatHelper (System.Text.StringBuilder result, IFormatProvider provider, System.String format, System.Object[] args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/String.cs:1890)
System.String.Format (IFormatProvider provider, System.String format, System.Object[] args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/String.cs:1873)
System.String.Format (System.String format, System.Object[] args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/String.cs:1868)
iGUIEditor.iGUIToolbox.Update ()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:244)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:237)
UnityEditor.HostView.SendUpdate () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:302)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorApplication.gen.cs:268)

Here is a full screenshot of the window;

Is there something simple I am missing?

Ersan
Ersan
Re: NullReferenceException as soon as I add iGUI Root to scene
on: August 13, 2015, 07:05

Hi,

Can you please share the version of your iGUI?

Maev
on: August 14, 2015, 00:22

Version: 2.0.2 (Jun 19, 2015)

Maev
on: August 17, 2015, 02:02

Is there any update on this? It prevents me from using your product at all. Let me know if you need additional information.

Maev
on: August 19, 2015, 21:30

Sorry I have had to go with another GUI solution. This thread can be closed.

devintbb
on: October 9, 2016, 00:25

Same issue here with the latest version... any update on this?

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press
Version: 1.0.33.2 ; Page loaded in: 0.12 seconds.